A month of fasting for Muslims is a month of prayer for us!
The month of fasting, Ramadan, starts this year on March 22nd and will continue till April 21st. Fasting is one of the Five Pillars of Islam, so it is mandatory for all Muslims.
During the month of Ramadan, Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset as a way to gain more of Allah’s forgiveness and to prove their submission. For most Muslims, this is one of the most spiritually focused times of the year, which means there is a higher potential for them to find the true God as they work hard to do good works to try to make Allah happy.
Our goal this year is to unite the Church in prayer for the Islamic world! Not only will we help you know what to pray for, but we also will share tools to help you stay consistent in your prayer.
How to pray for Ramadan in 2023:
- Our ministry is launching one of the biggest campaigns we have ever had to share the Gospel through television and social media to closed Islamic countries during Ramadan. Pray for Muslims to be hungry to watch and read and learn and for our team as they converse and answer their questions.
- Pray that as Muslims fast they recognize the emptiness of Islam and the rituals they have to follow during Ramadan. Pray that God will set them free from the oppressive Islamic lifestyle and will provide them with courage to think outside of what they are used to .
- Many Muslims have dreams about Jesus, but they do not know who He is until they interact with a Christian or Christian media. Pray with us that those who are close to knowing Christ will be approached by the right person or that the Lord will lead them to a Christian social media page or TV channel!
- As your Muslim friend is fasting, pray for the courage to talk to them about their beliefs! Ask that God will give you the right words to say to point them to Jesus.
Tools for you
This year, surround yourself with tools to help you pray for and share the Gospel with your Muslim friends. You can:
- Set a reminder in your phone every day to pray.
- Read our four blogs to learn more about Ramadan and how to talk about it with your Muslim friends.
- Send your Muslim friend a text to ask how they are doing during their fasting. Ask them questions to open up a conversation about their beliefs.
- Follow Call of Love on Social media (Facebook, Instagram) to see our Ramadan posts so you are reminded about how to pray and also share the posts with your Christian friends.
“Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.’” John 6:35